Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Few Pictures of Wyatt and Albuquerque, NM

Here are a few pictures of Wyatt--with paper boats a la Curious George and with a tie, a la Alex P. Keaton from "Family Ties." Last month, I went to an 18th-century conference in Albuquerque and played hookey for one day and took the train to nearby Santa Fe. I have included two pictures of the Santa Fe Museum, which I didn't get to visit :( But, Santa Fe was beautiful, as you can see from the blue skies. The last six pictures are as follows: the main square where the Native Americans sell their jewelry (to the left), a chapel based on St. Chapelle in Paris, the Church of San Miguel (with indigenous architecture) and an adobe house featuring beams that date to the 1260s. It is billed as the oldest house in the United States. The last two pictures were taken from the plane. As you can see, there was still a lot of snow, in addition to blue skies. I missed the family but enjoyed thinking and talking about the 18th century (yes, I know that I am a nerd:)

































































No comments:

Post a Comment